How to Post on Computing.net
By: NT56erbxJanuary 17, 2014
Recently, I have seen a shocking uptick in the amount of low quality posts here on Computing.net. So, I decided to make this How-To for those new to the site.
1. Use complete sentences, not run-ons or fragments.
get unband i got band for my bro being stupid putting mods on my account.Sorry can u please unband me i promise my brother will never mod again he did it because i was gone for a few days and his friend gave him a mod. So im sorry about that please unband me. This is my favorite game and i dont want to be band from it Sorry bout my brother I yelled at him and told him to never mess with my account again.
2. Don't post in all caps, as it makes your post harder to read as well as less likely to be answered.
I'M CREATING A PAYROLL TIMESHEET AND WANT TO KEEP HOURLY PAY SAME'BUT WHEN I HAVE ONE TIMESHEET DONE AND PULL DOWN TO CREATE MORE THE HOURLY RATE AND THE WEEK DAYS CHANGE?
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
I'M USING EXCEL 2013
3. Please, keep it relevant:
This guy at my school picks on me and his friend tells me he likes me and bullying me is his way of flirting and that he talks about me all the time what do I do
4. Try not to double post. If your first post wasn't answered, its probably because it was poorly written and confusing. You also shouldn't post two very similar posts, just add your second question onto the end of the first.
5. Make sure you are specific in your question, meaning you tell us exactly what error message appeared, exact model, etc. This does NOT mean you should give us all the miniscule and irrelevant information about it, just be specific in the important things.
6. And be nice. It's very annoying when people are disrespectful to our honest answers (this applies to both posters and repliers)
7. Lastly, always check back on your posts. Most of us only look at posts about 1 week old, so you can't expect to post something and come back a month later and get a response.
Yes, all of the examples were taken from REAL Computing.net questions.
So there you have it, effective posting on Computing.net in only 7 easy steps!
Need more help?
Describe your Problem
Example: Hard Drive Not Detected on My PC