|If you have Windows XP Professional, you can setup a permanent solution. If it is XP Home, this won't work.|
1. After you have explorer.exe running, click Start, Run, then type in Notepad.
2. In Notepad, type this code:
3. Click File, Save As..., then navigate to your Desktop and save it under the filename "EXPLORER.BAT" (without the quotes).
4. Exit Notepad.
5. Click Start, Run, then type in GPEDIT.MSC .
6. Under "Computer Configuration", expand "Windows Settings", then click on "Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)".
7. Double-click "Startup" in the right pane.
8. Click on the "Add..." button.
9. Click "Browse..."
10. Navigate to your desktop, and select the "EXPLORER.BAT" file you made earlier.
11. Don't add any Script Parameters.
12. Click OK, Apply, and OK again.
13. Exit out of GPEDIT.
14. Try restarting your computer.
Hope this helps! Sorry I took a while to reply back.
Mouse could not be found. Click OK to continue.
What to do now?