|If I start the computer with the flash drive in the usb port, it does show in my computer. Otherwise it does not. |
The device manager shows the flash drives fine no (!).
I created a new registry entry that will disable the Selective Suspend feature of the USB hub driver follow instructions:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD.
4. Type DisableSelectiveSuspend, and then press ENTER.
5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
6. Type 1, and then click OK.
This did not fix the problem