|Please can you help me?? I have a Microsoft Lifecam VX6000 webcam version 1.3. Up until recently it has worked perfectly with no problems. Last week it decided not to show any video at all either via MSN or on my desktop using the camera operation. I have tried the following things:|
1. Rebooting the system several times - no joy.
2. Uninstalling the programme and reloading it - no joy.
3. Uninstalling the programme and downloading a more up to date version 2.4 - no joy.
4. Checking all drivers - no difference.
5. Trying my webcam on another system - which worked fine!
6. Trying a different but same type of camera on my system - no joy.
7. Trying a totally different camera on my system - which worked ok.
8. Finally pulling my hair out!!
The error message I get is as follows: 'There was a problem installing this Hardware, USB20 Camera. Error occurred during installation of the device. The O/I operation aborted because either a Thread Exit or an application request.'
Can anyone please help me solve this problem?
Many thanks Pachacaid