|Up until recently, I created a calendar in MS Word, saved it as an .html web page, then used it as my desktop wallpaper/background. Each time I updated it, I had to re-save it and re-select it (by right-clicking on the desktop > Properties > Desktop) but loved having it so attention-grabbingly displayed.|
When I went to change to June from May, I followed the same steps, however, the background will not change unless I do a re-boot of the computer each time. I am running Windows XP Professional with SP3 and IE8, however, I use Mozilla Firefox as my default browser. I have not made any changes or installation during this time.
I have read these forums extensively and tried every suggestion given. These include:
1. Doing a restore back to when I knew this worked.
2. Scanning for viruses & malware (none found using AdAware, Spybot, Spyware Terminator, Avast, AVG, Spyblaster, & Malwarebytes)
3. Editing the Active Desktop dword under Regedit.
4. Editing the “Prevent Changing Wallpaper” entry under GPED.MSC.
5. Opening the .html document in my browser and trying to save the page as my background (doesn’t give me this option).
I’m totally bummed that I can figure this out…anybody got any ideas?