|I have Windows XP Home Edition SP3. My laptop is a Compaq V2000. I did all of the steps to fix and make my flash drive work. It never did work before. I just recieved it in the mail and plugged it in and recieved a Code 28 Access is denied when updating the driver for the USB Mass Storage. Steps that already tried:|
1. Uninstall all USB port/devices and rebooted and back everything comes. Didn't work.
2. Checked the usbstor.inf and .sys. Seems like they are corrected.
3. I used to have Alcohol 120, tried getting rid of stpd.sys and using uninstall stpd .exe from duplex security. Didn't work.
4. Allowed permissions for users in regedit and cleaned up registry. Didn't work.
5. Tried using other USB ports(only 4 of them). Didn't work.
6. Works with everyone elses computers instead of mine.
7. Updated Windows XP. Didn't work.
8. Checked services and UPNP. They were all good.
9. Downloaded the driver from official site and installed. Didn't work.
10. Tried upgrading BIOS from the manufacturer website(HP). It said I had the wrong type of computer...
Tried other smaller steps as well but been trying since the last two days. I really want this to work and can't consider restoring the computer because of all my stuff I have and important documents.
Anyone have any more ideas I can try to make this work?
Also one thing, my BIOS setup doesn't have the PnP option enable/disable option. I don't know if that will effect it. Also, when I was updating from SP2 to SP3 and with Windows XP updates, it fixed my mouse driver problem so theres no more yellow problem at the device manager. Only problem was my USB flash drive out of every devices.