Transfer my batch to a nonbooting computer

May 25, 2011 at 18:47:07
Specs: Windows XP Home
I have a corrupted registry on my XP tower and the MS site says that I can create a Batch file on one computer then run it on the problematic one. This would be beneficial as I am in Taiwan and my wife is with the broken one in Idaho. But how in the world am I supposed to get to the broken computer if it won't start?

Thank you

See More: Transfer my batch to a nonbooting computer

Report •

May 25, 2011 at 19:06:49
The answer is you can't.

How do you know when a politician is lying? His mouth is moving.

Report •

May 25, 2011 at 20:02:14
If your good lady is adept with a Linux distro, or you have a friend in Idaho who is, the Windows registry can be repaired using a live cd. Note that I have some knowledge of Linux Ubuntu but have never tried this, good friends have and recommend the procedure. No warranties given or implied. Use the Linux distro to backup/recover files before attempting the repair. Or mount the hard disk in another pc for recovery.

Good luck

Please come back & tell us if your problem is resolved.

Report •

May 26, 2011 at 05:37:47
Love to see the batch file or at least a link.

Since the one in Idaho wont boot I would make the batch file on cd or floppy disk and snail mail it.

As stated above a live cd works wonders. Don't know about the Linux cds, but there are xp cds that are bootable and have repair tools on them.

Report •

Related Solutions

May 26, 2011 at 08:16:46
Millicanmission the correct procedure for recovery has nothing to do with a batch file. That is a path that goes no where.

First step in xp recovery is getting into recovery console. google it along with fixmbr and fixboot utilities you run in RC.

Answers are only as good as the information you provide.
How to properly post a question:
Sorry no tech support via PM's

Report •

Ask Question