Restore User Account after recovery console?

April 1, 2011 at 14:59:05
Specs: Windows xp sp3
Had a boot up issue, had to use a Microsoft fix to repair, it repaired. however, when i booted the system up it booted a new user account, have to reactivate windows, reinstall drivers. My original accounts are still in the documents and settings folder. My question is, how do I bring my old user account back as the main active user account? Like I said the old account is still in the doc/settings folder, all files are indeed intact, I don't need to do any restoration of files. just want that account back up front as main account.

See More: Restore User Account after recovery console?

Report •

April 1, 2011 at 17:02:01
Then the easy was is to take control of the files and delete the old user.

I guess there may be a way to create a new user in place of the old user or make the old user but I have never seen it.

"The era of big government is over," said Clinton 1996

Report •

April 1, 2011 at 18:53:38
Ok being sort of a tech myself, I followed the rest of the guide i used before(which before i did not because i was aggro haha), and this COMPLETELY restored my user account and ALL my settings and drivers were restored.

This basically tells you how using recovery console to add back your previous system restore dates(that is if they were created or never deleted). After you do the last step when you boot up it should be back to normal. whew!!!!

The original errors I received caused me to run this guide, however it did not fix my problem.

This was the original error. Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE

The previous guide addresses that. But I have to use FIXMBR and FIXBOOT to get my system back running. I used the second half of that guide that explains how to add the system restore dates back to the System Volume Information folder. The rest is in that guide.

Thanks for any help and I hope my fix helps you.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question