|Ok, I have had virus issues but this one is the worst I had in a while. Here are the systems-|
My pc became just too slow recently. When I saw slow, it means almost zero functionality, for e.g I click on the Internet Explorer & the hoourglass stays forever. I tried running kaspersky but it somehow was disabled. I tried booting it in safe mode & it didn;t work. I could see the safe mode option before windows startup but when I would press enter, the pc would
simply reboot...(but i think i have had this problem much before, don't remember for sure though) Also, windows task manager wasn't working, when I would press CAD (ctrl+alt+del) it owuld appear for a second & then instantly vanish.
I reinstalled windows again, thinking installing my kaspersky immediately after that this would fix everything. But the problems still persist. The only problem which i am not having now is the task manager. It acts pretty normal & stays. But here are the problems which I am having now-
1. No .exe file is allowed to run except a few like notepad & internet exporer. i can not run any setups whasoever
2. Can't change display settings
3. Still can't restart in safe mode (i see the safe mode option before windows startup but when I press enter, the pc simply reboots)
4. My legal kaspersky still does not work. I installed it as soon as I finished installing my new OS. I even updated it &as far as I remember, i was successfull in updating it 100%. Now when I click on kaspersky, nothing happens. Also, when I right click on a file, i see the option 'scan for viruses' disabled.
I am quite sure my antivirus has not expired as some hours back when I installed it, it shwoed me 222 days left. Even if for some reason it has lsot its validity or expired, I should be prompted to buy a new licence.
5. When I click on my c: hard drive it doesn't open. I have to open it by right clicking & opening it with internet explorer.
Most of the viruses that I know of don't allow 'show hidden files' but surprisingly enough, I can select that option & see hidden files. Just thought this would help.
Thankyou in advance!