|I just downloaded the manual for the broadcom netextreme 57xx & this is what it says. Do the reverse to remove it.|
INSTALLING THE ADAPTER
The following instructions apply to installing the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet adapter (add-in NIC) in most servers.
Refer to the manuals that were supplied with your server for details about performing these tasks on your particular server.
1. Review the Safety Precautions and Preinstallation Checklist. Before installing the adapter, ensure the system power is
OFF and unplugged from the power outlet, and that proper electrical grounding procedures have been followed.
2. Open the system case, and select any empty PCI/PCI-X/PCI Express slot. If you do not know how to identify any of these
PCI slots, refer to your system documentation.
3. Remove the blank cover-plate from the slot that you selected.
4. Align the adapter connector edge with the connector slot in the system.
5. Applying even pressure at both corners of the card, push the adapter card into the slot until it is firmly seated. When the
adapter is properly seated, the adapter port connectors are aligned with the slot opening, and the adapter faceplate is
flush against the system chassis.
CAUTION! Do not use excessive force when seating the card as this may damage the system or the adapter. If you
have difficulty seating the adapter, remove it, realign it, and try again.
6. Secure the adapter with the adapter clip or screw.
7. Close the system case and disconnect any personal antistatic devices.