|My OS is Windows XP with SP3.|
I had installed a SCADA software called ICONICS GENESIS32 V7 on my laptop. Its an old piece of software, released sometime in 2003. It uses VBA technology & while installing it also ran an installer for a unicode font, I dont recollect the name of the font.
My woes started when I restarted the system after the installation. I list them here :-
1. My taskbar has gone invisible. When I take my mouse to the extreme end of the screen, I can see the pointer change to a "drag" icon. But If I drag to resize the taskbar to make it visible, it doesnt work.
2. Pressing the "Windows" key doesnt bring up the start menu. Win+D works, Win+R works.
3. I dont see any icons in the network connections in the control panel. Wifi works however.
4. In services.msc, I dont see a thing when the view is set to "Extended" mode. In standard mode, I can see the services, but I cant open the properties page.
5. Half of the programs in my laptop arent working. Word, excel throw up errors while starting. VB6 quits while starting.
I dont want to format or re-install the OS as I have genuine software licenses for many expensive industrial automation software products on my laptop.