|Hi here is my problem.|
My mouse cursor freezes every 3 seconds exactly (I measured it with a stopwatch). It freezes for half a second and then it moves again. 2,5 seconds later it freezes again, and son on.
From a user point of view it looks like the cursor jumps (when moving the mouse of course) from one position to another.
I have a HP laptop 1.6 GHz, 512 MB RAM. Windows XP SP3.
Here are the symptoms.
- The problem happens with the touch-pad and with a PS/2 mouse, both in secure mode and normal mode.
- The problem DOES NOT happen with a serial mouse (DB-9 connector).
- The problem DOES NOT happen when the system is busy reading the hard disk or when there is some heavy graphics on foreground (like a flash game with moving objets, animations and such).
- When the laptop is idle (not doing any heavy processing), the "system" process jumps from 0% CPU usage to 5-10% CPU usage very 3 seconds (probably the cause of the freezing).
- The freezing affects the mouse cursor only (and apparently the keyboard too).
That's it. Very weird problem, and very annoying. I tried two different PS/2 mice and the problem happens with both. On another PC I tried there is no freezing, so the problem are not the mice.
I haven't done any test with a USB mouse yet (I dont have any).
My guess is that this is not a hardware problem. The weird thing is that the cursor does NOT freeze when using a serial mouse.
Actually, I can move the cursor at the same time using the touch-pad and the serial mouse. When I move it using the touch-pad the cursor freezes every 3 seconds, but when I move it with the serial mouse it does not.
This problem never happend before. It started to happend just a couple days ago, for no apparent reason.
I really dont know what to do. I'll apreciate any help solving this problem.
Thanks in advance.