|A few thoughts:|
- Run MSCONFIG & disable any suspicious items on the startup list.
- Install CCleaner-Slim & run both the cleaner & the registry scanner. Remove everything they find.
- Make sure you have "show hidden files & folders" enabled, then look for the HOSTS file in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc folder. Open it with notepad. It *should* look something like this:
- If there are numerous IP addresses listed, you *may* have a hijacker problem. Close notepad, make a copy of HOSTS & name it HOSTS.old, then run this Fix It:
- Dump Norton & replace it with Windows Security Essentials. Update it then run a full scan from safe mode.