|This is my first time posting on here and I hope someone can help me get |
some help. :D
First off. Im working on a:
HP Pavilion A335W Desktop
Intel Pentium 4
256 MB Ram
75 GB HD
Windows XP Home SP1
No Antivirus to speak of.
for a friend.
When I got this computer they was saying it was very slow to do anything.
So I brought it home, Put in my Boot disk. Ran CCleaner first and
Malwarebytes second. And from those I received the info of:
7,439.2 MB of Temp Files removed (CCleaner)
21 Infected Files removoed (MalwareBytes)
These all had something to do with a program "Zango" and
After that I started doing Windows updates. (Im sorry for not knowing what I
added but they were mostly Security Updates and a Malicious Program
I restarted, got to the windows updates again
It wanted me to install SP2. I started that but it failed.
I then proceeded to open up IE 6 to start Googleing problem fixes but to my surprise it wouldn't work. :/ So I decided to pop in my Sandisk U3 drive with
Firefox on it and see if it would work. It did.
So I found a batch file that was supposed to fix my problem and it did.
(Fixdb.bat) Ran SP2 after that with no problem although I did download the
SP2 for IT's for network computers.
After that I installed Avast Free and did 2 full scans with that found around 15
files that had issues. (Moved them to chest).
I checked the Host file and DNS. They all look normal.
I also Installed Google Chrome to see if that would fix my internet trouble but
it failed also.
I know this is an old computer and would probably be worth it just to part it
out or to get rid of it but It's for a close friend and I hope to help him out.
Thank you very much everyone here on Computing.net