how to recover data after mad portition

Maxtor Diamondmax 16 80gb hard drive
March 1, 2010 at 21:10:04
Specs: Windows XP
sir .
i have my 20GB data due to virus so no i have mad new portition now suggest me how can i recoverd my whol data? by which software?pleeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz pleeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz

See More: how to recover data after mad portition

Report •

March 1, 2010 at 23:35:13
imtee, the first thing you need to do is get rid of the nasty. I'm assuming you have a full time AV running all the time, yet the nasty somehow got thru anyway. That makes me think you have a worm/trojan.
Be aware that a virus and a Trojan are similar, but not the same. Many times, an AV detects one it can't clean, other times, it gets missed entirely.
If you need to clean one, Superantispyware (info only. I’m not paid for recommendation) can do the job and you can get it free @:
among other places. They have a Vista compatible version if needed Dunno about Windows 7..
If it turns out that you need to use it, be sure to update Superantispyware prior to running and disable 'restore' (restart after cleaning) so the nasty doesn't get put back. They just released a new update recently and it changes all the time. Things are in a constant state of flux.
The restore thing is critical. May not be your deal at all, but won't hurt anything to try.
The fact that you partitioned your HD may/may not have damaged data. Seems the critical thing is whether or not you formatted the new partition. If you did, relax, any data that was stored in the area of memory occupied by the new partition is GONE, completely erased, POOF.
If not, there may be hope for at least partial recovery. When a file gets 'deleted' it doesn't get erased. Rather, only it's header gets wiped and the memory it formerly occupied is marked as 'free for use' and may be written to on the next disk write operation. If it's still there, there's quite a bit of free recovery software around (Google). There's also quite a bit of commercial (some extremely expensive) recovery service around.
Ed in Texas.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question