how to fix my computer's sound?

December 12, 2010 at 02:38:20
Specs: Windows XP
my pc doesnt have sounds after reformatting .. ill look for its motherboard and this is the details i have seen P4M90-M4 Ver:1.0 .. how do i bring back my sounds ?
i need your response asap .. tnx

See More: how to fix my computers sound?

Report •

December 12, 2010 at 04:02:22
you need to reinstall the sound drivers which are on the xp disc. or u can download the driver realtek AC97 audio drivers from internet. i had the same problem the first time i reinstalled the operating systm on my computer

Report •

December 12, 2010 at 04:35:19
If the sound on your system is on board (i.e. on the motherboard) then your system CD that came with it will have the drivers on it.

If your sound is from an add on card, then that card will have a driver CD that came with it, or if it was an OEM supplied PC then the system disc will have drivers on it too.

Either way you need to install the sound drivers before your sound will work.

If you pop your CD in your optical drive it may auto detect and throw up the menu with a list of drivers to install.

Seeing as you have not done this it is also possible you may not have installed other drivers such as the chip set drivers which make your system run better than the native OS drivers.

So check the CD for other drivers and make sure that you have installed them too.

When everything else fails, read the instructions.

Report •

December 13, 2010 at 01:57:29
i just tried downloading realtek Ac97 but nothing happens .. what should i do to fix it ?

Report •

Related Solutions

December 13, 2010 at 05:48:14
Tick the box labelled "I accept to the above" and then click next
I had to do it twice before it worked for me

If it does not work go through this link:

If that also does not work go through this top level link:

Once you get to the driver window, select the row for your driver and click on "GO" in the column of any of the download sites listed.

When everything else fails, read the instructions.

Report •

Ask Question