High CPU usage

Acer / Aspire 4520
October 17, 2009 at 22:03:48
Specs: Windows XP, CPU
hai..
can sombdy help...i've got no idea why my CPU
usage is very high..
4 ur informtion, the CPU usage 4 system idle
process somtimes reach 50%..can sombdy give
idea how to fx it??

See More: High CPU usage

Report •


#1
October 18, 2009 at 02:14:35
Idle here means "not used". If your active processes use 49%, the remaining 51% are idle.

Nigel

This is just a sig


Report •

#2
October 18, 2009 at 06:18:36
tQ..
but I still don't understand..
is it normal condition?
although the idle is 50..but the others are 0..
n sometimes CPU usage reach 100%..

Report •

#3
October 18, 2009 at 12:24:03
If you are not doing much the idle process will typically sit at around 99%.

some other bloke...


Report •

Related Solutions

#4
October 18, 2009 at 12:33:55
owh..thanks....

Report •

#5
October 18, 2009 at 17:01:29
When your System Idle Process reaches 50%, is there any single program that is taking up the majority of the other 50%? If there is a program other than "System Idle Process" that is constantly using anywhere close to 50% of CPU resources or more, and you notice you're not doing much on your computer, then you have a problem.

It's always nice to have some feed back after things are fixed =)


Report •

#6
October 19, 2009 at 00:42:48
yeah!! that was happened to my notebook sometime..
tQ..is that caused by virus or spyware??

Report •

#7
October 19, 2009 at 05:27:13
It's a possibility worth checking.

Try the free version of MalwareBytes here:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

some other bloke...


Report •

#8
October 20, 2009 at 05:03:58
alrite..thanks..

Report •


Ask Question