For the last 48 hours I have been experiencing a problem with my computer which is really irritating me because I rely on it to work. I am no computer expert and although I have tried a few different things in an effort to resolve it none of them have been successful. I was rather hoping someone on here might be able to help me!
Basically, every now and then my computer will just switch itself off. No blue scren of death, no electrical shortage - it just switches itself off instantly. It can be immediately turned back on again.
I have AVG anti-virus and Sygate personal firewall, neither of which have ever given me problems before. The computer HAS switched itself off twice whilst I've been running an Ad-Aware scan, however I don't know if this is significant as it has also switched itself off several times when NOT running an Ad-Aware scan. Each of the other times it has switched itself off I have been either browsing using Google Chrome or playing flash content.
Things I have tried that haven't resolved the issue:
1) Disabling hardware acceleration
2) Booting the computer into safe mode and running a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan (this turned up two objects which I deleted but the problem has continued)
3) Updating all my video and graphics drivers
4) Updating everything available in Windows Update
5) Running a full virus scan (nothing showed up)
6) Cleaning the registry using RegSeeker.
The only other thing I'd add is that the computer hasn't crashed yet when I've reverted to Internet Explorer (but it hasn't had much time to do so yet!)
Do you think there are there obvious things I could try that I've missed? All help most gratefully received.
Many thanks in advance,