|I'm attempting to run a setup program that configures my computer for network use with an archival software called TextWorks v13 by Inmagic.|
When I run the setup launcher it gives me the "preparing to install" message with a progress bar. Once it seems to finish the following error message pops up:
"1628: failed to complete installation"
Here are all of the steps I've tried to remedy the situation:
- Installed latest Windows Updates
- End running process' idriver.exe, msiexec.exe
- Updated windows installer service to 4.5
- Erased Temp directory
- Reinstalled v13 updated TextWorks software
- Set local security policy > Restriction > Enforcement to "All but Local Admin"
- Ran the "Fix Me" app found at support.microsoft.com/kb/910816/en-us
None of these have resolved the error message...
What else can I try?
Windows XP Pro 2002 (SP3)