Moving hole system to new harddrive

Wd Caviar black 750gb hard drive
September 29, 2009 at 12:49:39
Specs: Windows Vista, 4GB
First its not a 750GB but a 640GB as the product says. Well I have purshased a new much bigger hard drive and want to move the netir system over to the new hard drive so i want to move everything.
Operating system, programs, files, folder, the hole lot, basicly clone my drive u could say so i can take out the old one and just use the. The question is how do i do this?

Thanks to all who help

See More: Moving hole system to new harddrive

Report •

September 29, 2009 at 13:44:31
Some hard disk manufacturers supply a utility that does just that! Check the website of the drive manufacturer in the support section to see if one is available.
The other option is to get Norton Ghost, this allows you to clone from one drive to another.

Computers... designed to entertain,help with work but most of all to frustrate you!

Report •

September 29, 2009 at 14:22:01
There is a free tool named CloneZilla that can clone one hard drive to another hard drive or one partition to another partition, or hard drive to image and partition to image.
It's similar to Norton Ghost, but supports more file systems.
I would suggest to use the CloneZilla live CD.

Report •

September 29, 2009 at 16:20:40
You will also need a USB hard disc caddy usually .
I recommend Acronis True Image 11 for Vista or 7 .

Report •

Related Solutions

September 30, 2009 at 13:54:33
If you bought a WD drive then go here first.

If other then see that web site.

As above the companies that sell drives offer people a CD or floppy to transfer old to new.

Playing to the angels
Les Paul (1915-2009)

Report •

Ask Question