|I am running a ACER Aspire M5100 with a Phoenix BIOS on a ACER mobo.|
I am one of many with the dreaded "Verifying DMI Pool Data......." freeze message and yes, I have a flashing cursor on the second line. I was upgrading from Vista to Win7 and after the install I select restart to start my new WIn 7 system and all I got was the DMI message. Here is what I have troubleshot so far...
1. Loaded Defaults in BIOS...no change
2. Removed battery, reinstalled...no change
3. Booted in DOS, tried to Flash the BIOS..message said Boot is locked (no idea what that means) ...no change
4. Booted from Win7 boot cd, was able to check system for repair, diagnosis said no repair needed....restarted to boot from HDD......no change
5. I haven't tried to run a known good HDD to see if it is a BIOS problem or HDD or mobo problem.
6. Next step is to try and format HDD, load Win XP, attempt to run computer like that with fresh OS.
With all of this known, what are your thoughts and or suggestions what happened and what may be a fix.
Since this I have learned one lesson...never upgrade...save files and install a fresh install.....I think this is where my nightmare started.
NOTE: On a bright side, I was able to access my HDD with a HDD Reader and save all my important files...so if nothing else I can format or buy a new HDD if my mobo is not the problem.