|Here's the proper recovery method:|
1. Completely shut down your laptop from the Windows start menu.
2. Remove all external devices connected to the laptop including the mouse, keyboard, thumb drives, USB hubs, Bluetooth adapters, monitors, etc.
3. Connect your laptop to the AC power adapter.
4. Power on your laptop and immediately press and hold down the “0” key (i.e. that’s the number zero key). Release the keys when a warning message displays on your screen.
5. If the recovery process offers you an option to chose an Operating System, make sure to select the most appropriate OS.
6. Another warning message will appear notifying you that all data will be deleted once the recovery process starts. Click “Yes” to continue with the recovery process.
7. The Toshiba Recovery Wizard should now open and provide an option “Recovery of Factory Software”. Simply select this option and follow the directions on the screen.