Solved how to convert my UK keyboard to US KEYBOARD

October 20, 2013 at 21:54:47
Specs: Windows 7
my friend gave me a loptop with UK keyboard(AZERTY) on it and i would like to convert to US keyboard(qwerty)

See More: how to convert my UK keyboard to US KEYBOARD

Report •

October 21, 2013 at 03:00:06
✔ Best Answer
Control Panel >> Region & Language

Click the "Keyboards & Languages" tab.
Then click the "Change Keyboards" bar.

Report •

October 21, 2013 at 03:58:01
If the keys are in the 'wrong' places, the only way you can actually 'move' them is to replace the keyboard with the US version and then reset it regionally, possibly in the BIOS as well.

You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

Report •

October 21, 2013 at 05:20:02
An AZERTY keyboard comes from France not the UK. The only real difference to a US keyboard is the labels on the keys. Either stick paper labels on with the correct characters or buy a new proper US keyboard (they are cheap as anything) and throw the French one away.

In olden times IBM keyboards had keycaps that you could swap to produce whatever layout you wanted. Times have changed; keyboards are now disposable items.

This is completely unrelated to Windows configuration to tell it what kind of keyboard you have attached.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question