Help with Windows 7 partition and recovery

Hewlett-packard Pavilion dv6-3150us note...
November 22, 2010 at 16:10:55
Specs: Windows 7
Hi,, i have dv6 notebook with window 7 64bit preinstalled ,Hard Dist with 281 Gb allocated to C drive and 16 Gb to recovery drive.. i want partition to make a new partition and assign only 100Gb to C drive.
I will really appreciate the help in this regard.

See More: Help with Windows 7 partition and recovery

Report •

November 22, 2010 at 17:30:20
Window 7 may be able to shrink the current drive that far.

Why do you want to do that?

Why did it take me over a year to phone in a problem to ATT?

Report •

November 22, 2010 at 20:08:22
Have you already created a backup set of disks for that laptop? Changing the partitions may prevent the restore partition from working properly.

So you want to have a total of three partitions, including the 16GB restore partition?

Report •

November 22, 2010 at 22:18:56
step 1, defrag partition C;
step 2, open system restore and make a backup image (just in case)
step 3, right click my computer/manage/disk manager right click on your c: drive and choose shrink, choose your size and go for it
Step 4, right click on the new unallocated space and choose new partition..give it a name and a letter..

Bingo that should do not under any circumstances touch the 16gb recovery drive..

i hate computers!
but cant help myself....

Report •

Related Solutions

November 23, 2010 at 00:45:43
I just made a new partition of 120Gb. Thanks alot guys for helping.
@OtheHill i want to make new partition to save my important data,if c window crashes or some thing happen with main C partition i do have my important saved in my another partition.

Report •

November 23, 2010 at 04:05:26

What will you do when the entire drive goes out? Or your laptop is lost or stolen?

There is no substitute for secure backups. IMO optical disks are the most reliable form and can be easily and cheaply duplicated, once made.

Nothing wrong with your plan as long as you also backup elsewhere.

Report •

Ask Question