Solved File Sharing across 2 PC's over the Net - How

Custom / P5K-VM
November 6, 2013 at 22:46:12
Specs: Windows 7 Ultimate, i7-3770 /8GB DDR3 1333
I want to setup some sort of file sharing across the internet. So me and my work colleague can work on the same files. I would like it to be like a folder on each of computers that sync online. And when one of us is working on that file, it won't allow the other to access it until it's not open.

I only need like 50mb space at max. What cloud or file sharing program can i use?

See More: File Sharing across 2 PCs over the Net - How

Report •

November 7, 2013 at 00:43:31
It depends...
Do you have a domain at work? If so, you need to contact your network administrator.
If you and your work colleague are not in the same network, I suggest you implement some cloud-storage resolution.

For example, you can open a Dropbox account where you get 2GB and both of you can view and edit files. SkyDrive can also work in accordance with permissions set.

"I'm tired. But then again I'm so hungry I can't sleep. But what's the point of eating if your sleepy?" - Sniff, The Moomins.

message edited by paradoxwizard

Report •

November 7, 2013 at 03:54:13
nah not on a domain, its a home business, where we sale products, we both do it, just both of us need to access the database to update orders on it. Which i want to share. Atm he's been emailing me the orders, and i enter them into the database here. It just a hassle, especially when a customer calls him up regarding an order, and he doesn't have the database infront of him. I will look into dropbox and skydrive.

Report •

November 7, 2013 at 08:55:19
✔ Best Answer
I have set up online office for a client who needed collaboration from co workers. They could even see her schedule add to it etc. Here is some reading on it, and maybe this is something for you too.

I also like the idea of cloud storage.

To err is human but to really screw things up, you need a computer!

Report •

Related Solutions

November 7, 2013 at 17:16:31
You should be able to do what you want with a VPN (Virtual Private Network).

Please let us know if you found someone's advice to be helpful.

Report •

Ask Question