I want to set up a branch windows 2008 connection. Mainly as lab work though.
I have a test win 2008 at one lab, which is the main office
I want to set the second DC at my other lab just 20 mins down the road. This will be again another win 2008 DC
As far as I know these are the steps.
1. create VPN link first
- I checked on the router at the main site and it has a Netgear router, which allows you to create a VPN Policy. Its is a N300 Wireless ADSL2 modem router Model: DGN2200.
- The other site has a cisco router which allows for an Ipsec policy.
- I was told I need a VPN server, can the role be on my primary DC? Or do I need a separate 2008 VPN server?
Here is the link of how I need to create one -> »www.howtonetworking.com/windows/2008vpn3.htm
2. Create new subnets and assign them to a the appropriate sites
- The main site has a static ip and is 192.168.1.0/24
- The branch site will be sitting on a lan that will probably be 192.168.2.0/24
So the main question is, when I create the VPN server, I configure this server to use the router's VPN policies? Plus how many VPN servers do I need? One at each site?
Thanks in advance