Install CAL's on Terminal Server

April 20, 2011 at 17:05:42
Specs: Windows Server 2003
Greetings comrades, I have recently set up a windows 2003 terminal server for my company. I recently bought 2 windows server 2008 (5 cals) packages from amazon to support my 10 Terminal Server users. However upon contacting microsoft they said that i need to prodive them with a 25 Volume License Agreement number. However upon inspection the package only included the 2 cardboard boxes with 2 cardboard papers on them, no discs or any other numbers included? What is a Volume License Agreement and where can I find it on my package?

See More: Install CALs on Terminal Server

Report •

April 20, 2011 at 18:31:54
Bought the retail package of 5 cals - why is microsoft asking me for Volume Licensing agreement?

Report •

April 20, 2011 at 23:59:50
You need additional licences for TS users. Could this be what MS are asking for?

Ordinary CALs allow users to connect to the server, but not to run a TS session.

Having said that, a CAL package that doesn't include any sort of reference number sound suspicious to me. Microsft licensing is quote complicated: you may need to talk to one of their authorised resellers.

Report •

April 21, 2011 at 08:05:27
You have to be careful of what you buy online. Well known scam to sell MS licenses that in the end expire and are of no use to you.

You need cals and ts/rdp licenses for TS services. So for 10 TS/RDP users you need 10 TS/RDP licenses as well as 10 cals.

Answers are only as good as the information you provide.
How to properly post a question:
Sorry no tech support via PM's

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question