I have to write a batch file in windows but I am totally new to DOS programming. My requirement is:
1. Search for a properties file which will hold certain details like path of a folder, id etc..
2. Read the path from this properties file, goto to the specified folder in path and get the names of files present in that folder.
3. create a new file with the names of these files in the above folder and other details from properties file like ID etc..
4. create a jar file for the new file created and the files present in the above folder.
5. place this jarin a new location.
Can anyone provide the code or pointers hpw this can be achieved.
I started with the append command to read the properties file. but that failed and said specified file not found.