|XpUser4real is right. There is a hard drive password in the bios. No matter what hard drive you install, its always going to be locked unless you clear the password.|
1. Try to get into the BIOS by tapping F2 upon turning on the laptop.
2. Tab over to "Security"
3. Scroll down to Hard drive password and clear it
4. Clear the supervisor password as well
If it asks you for a password when accessing the BIOS, you need to reset it:
1. Remove the silver button battery for 30 seconds (usually located under the keyboard)
2. Place it back in and try to access the bios again
If you have any trouble, let me know.
pc repair fort lauderdale