Vundo complete take over

Desperate for a cure January 28, 2009 at 17:26:43
Specs: Windows XP
My pc has recently been infected with the trojan.vundo. I am experiencing all of the symptoms ive read about such as:

- unable to boot into safe mode (takes several attempts to even boot into normal mode)

- i have a handfull of extra system processes regardless of edits made to msconfig.

- explorer and iexplorer/firefox are using double the system memory than normal (upwards of 50,000k)

- and last but certainly not least i have the regestry values which can not be removed.

I'd like to start by mentioning that i have gone threw countless threads on this and a couple other web sites related to the removal of vundo and am aware of many different programs that can succesfuly remove it.

but here is where i am stuck, i cant download any of the programs. 90% of the time i cant even connect to the author's web site which is where most download links try to take me. several of the threads on this site involving vundo contain a variety of links but i am unable to go to them. instead i am either redirected to an advertisement or i simply get "the page can not be displayed"

i downloaded firefox today hoping i might be able to get a succesful download or at least to a product web site but 10% of the time it gives me an error message indicating that the connection was interupted, the other 90% it just opens an advertisement in a new window.

i read in another forum that vundo is apparently known to block web sites.

the only solution that i can see is to either some how remove vundo manualy or find an alternate method of downloading spyware doctor or some other tool capable of removing vundo.

by the way, vundo came from a fake antivirus aplication called Cyberdefender which was some how mistakenly downloaded onto my pc.

here are vundo entries i got from hijack this:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6e622145-9196-42de-9886-4ae6ae21c318} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\duzemibe.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tomagaguwu] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\remaduvi.dll",s

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CPM63e36698] Rundll32.exe "c:\windows\system32\bajawupo.dll",a

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\yuweveyo.dll c:\windows\system32\bajawupo.dll

O21 - SSODL: SSODL - {EC43E3FD-5C60-46a6-97D7-E0B85DBDD6C4} - c:\windows\system32\bajawupo.dll

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: STS - {EC43E3FD-5C60-46a6-97D7-E0B85DBDD6C4} - c:\windows\system32\bajawupo.dll

and yes it's attached to explorer.exe, Isass.exe, etc. etc.

so, is there perhaps another method of connecting to a web site without a browser? as far as i can tell command prompt doesnt only connects to ip addresses and not web addresses.

any further information that can be provided will be greatly apreciated!! and i thank you for your time in advance

See More: Vundo complete take over

Report •

January 29, 2009 at 06:59:37

try to read this article about Vundo type trojans, maybe you'll find out how to remove it:

Report •

January 29, 2009 at 09:08:45
does Vundo block USB ports? could you download the apps you need on another computer and move them over on a flash drive?

Report •

Related Solutions

Ask Question