You have a lot of error on your computer thats for sure! If you find that antivirus websites won't load, try going into internet explorer settings, connections, then lan settings. Unless your running on a business network you shouldn't have any proxy servers setup. If you do, disable then and try again.
The only thing that sticks out is the "ihdt27f35gmne2.dll.dll.dll.dll.dl......" file. If you zip the file and email it me I'll analyze is for you. malware AT rising-uk.com
Also, Kindly follow these steps.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Double click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
4. Select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
5. When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
6. Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
7. When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
8. The log is automatically saved by Malwarebytes and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
9. Please be sure to paste the content of this log file with your post.
1. Use an online system scanner to double check for malware on your computer.
2. You can use ASquared, HouseCall, ESET
3. If malware is detected and your are given the option to remove it, go ahead and do so.
4. Remember to post the results of your system scan.
Let me know how you get on
Rising UK PC Security @ Rising-UK.com