|First of all, set up Windows Firewall so that it blocks EVERYTHING except for your browser. This will be a fix that will last forever, but you will have very limited access around your network and internet, and you should unblock everything after this ordeal is done.|
Note that when you do this, you should disconnect from the internet so that your ex-friend won't interfere with changing the settings.
To do this:
1. Click "Start".
2. Click "Control Panel".
3. Open "Windows Firewall".
* I am running XP so the next steps might be slightly different.
4. Switch to the "Exceptions" tab.
5. Then uncheck everything.
6. Click "OK".
Now if after this your browser cannot access the internet, do this:
1. Open "Windows Firewall" again.
2. Switch to the "Exceptions" tab.
3. Click "Add Program".
4. Select "Internet Explorer" or "Mozilla Firefox" or whatever software you use from the list, click "OK", and "OK".
You also should make another account that has limited privileges. Then use this account whenever you use the computer. Also password protect it. When you are using this account, you will not be able to change many of the advanced settings in the computer, which means your ex-friend won't be able to either.
Ask and Answer. The way of learning.
Dell Dimension 8300
Intel Pentium 4 HT @ 3.20 GHz
4 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce FX5200