ie8 will not connect to 192.168.1.101

March 19, 2011 at 11:08:49
Specs: Windows XP, AMD/ 2 GB
Bizarre problem. IE will not connect to 192.168.1.101.

I have an APC UPS with a NIC card on my local LAN set to that address and two different XP machines will not connect to it.
(RESPONCE - HTTP400 Bad Request)
The UPS NIC is set correct. I have a another windows 7 machine that consistantly connects to it. In fact, the same 2 XP machines will connect to the UPS NIC at 192.168.1.101 using Firefox.
I'm running Spybot, Adaware, Peerblock, & McAffee and have EVERYTHING updated to the lastest version. (It begins to sound paranoid, but I'm trying everything I can think of.)
I would say Spybot or windows blocked the IP, but Firefox running on the same machine can still get to address!!! Both machines access the internet without issue.

What does IE8 do different? I have completely removed IE8 and reinstalled it with no change in symptoms.

What am I Missing? Is there a key logger or virus checker I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance...

Yardslave@hotmail.com


See More: ie8 will not connect to 192.168.1.101

Report •


#1
March 19, 2011 at 13:26:09
I hope all those malware programs are not running simultaneously. There should be one doing so, with the rest on demand.

In Internet Options, under Security, does IE8 have an Intranet zone? If so, make sure IE is set to auto-detect it, or add IPs manually. Then if necessary you can tone down the security settings for that zone. It could be a scripting issue. Look at the Source of the page in FF and see if there is something in there that needs expanded permissions.


Report •

#2
March 19, 2011 at 14:00:50
urlvoid says it doesn't exist or is unaccessible? Could be down or removed?

Report •

#3
March 19, 2011 at 14:41:46
IE8 - This error (HTTP 400 Bad Request) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the web server, but the webpage could not be found because of a problem with the address.

urlvoid - Domain does not exist or is unaccessible.

Local Intranet - tried both ways (192.168.1.101 added manually THEN Auto Detect) No difference.

The UPS web page used to work on the XP IE8 (Still works on WIN7 IE8) FF show no expanded permission issues. It's really bugging me...

The malware programs are on demand, full scans have been run on all machines.


Report •

Related Solutions

#4
March 19, 2011 at 14:54:19
The only other thing I can think of is that IE addons are breaking something.

Report •

#5
March 19, 2011 at 19:07:03
Disabled them all. No Change. I'm baffled. Thanks for the suggestions.

Report •

#6
March 19, 2011 at 19:19:00
Sorry it didn't work. Only thing left in my bag of tricks is updating the firmware. You did say everything was up to date, but I'm not sure you were including the UPS.

Report •

#7
March 21, 2011 at 13:58:39
I thought of that too, it's current... one of the MS updates has to be the issue.

Report •

#8
March 29, 2011 at 16:31:14
Paul - I stand corrected. I had replaced the NIC card in the UPS. The new NIC card had old firmware. A firmware update of the NIC on the UPS has fixed the problem. Thanks for the suggestion. It forced me to think of going back through everything...

Report •

#9
March 29, 2011 at 17:02:19
Very good. Thanks for getting back. Be well.

Report •

Ask Question