| Quicktime installs a very annoying process called qttask.exe that you may often see running in your taskbar and processlist. There is no way to stop it running from within quicktime's preferences. Instead, you must:|
* Go to 'Start' -> 'Run'
* Type 'regedit' and click 'OK'
* Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\QuickTime\ActiveX
* Find the value QTTaskRunFlags, right click on it and change the value to 0
* Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
* Delete the value pointing to qttask.exe