Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with GMER or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Click on Disable real time protection to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
Download Gmer.exe from the following link.
1. Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs or the computer could crash.
2. Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
3. Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
4. Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
5. GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
6. If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
7. Untick the following boxes on the right side of the Gmer screen.
8. Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
9. When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
10. Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
11. Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.