|This is what happened to me, as well, when I used the AVG Free 2014 antivirus software. I downloaded it and it then prohibited my computer from detecting wireless networks. Wherever you see "AVG" below, put the name of whatever antivirus you used. |
1) Start/Run... -> ncpa.cpl
2) Select the adapter you use for the internet connection and right-click, select Properties. (UAC might ask for credentials.)
3) Uncheck AVG network filter driver. + click OK
4) Now you have deactivated AVG filter (the firewall protection won't work fully!), however after restart the connection should run properly, so restart now.
5) When Windows starts, check the internet connection.
(In case it does not work, open the properties from 2) and uninstall the AVG filter + restart and then report back to this forum thread.)
6) Run cmd.exe and type (no quotes) "sc start avgfwfd". You will probably see error about wrong/missing driver signature.