acer aspire 5532 hdd laptop factory password

Acer Aspire 5532-5535 notebook - athlon...
November 18, 2010 at 11:17:53
Specs: Windows 7, AMD Athlon 64 (1,6 GHz)/ 3 GB
My Acer Aspire 5532 Laptop created a harddisk password that i never put on... now i cannot access anything but the Bio's.

See More: acer aspire 5532 hdd laptop factory password

Report •

#1
November 18, 2010 at 12:11:32
Ok here is a possibility. there are an extremely limited number of viruses that effect the bios passwords, however they are out there. If you didnt set a BIOS password, it may have turned on the default password. If thats the case you may find it here.

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/raa...

however, if its a stolen computer it wont help you. if thats the case i would contact the place you purchased it to complain.


Report •

#2
November 19, 2010 at 05:39:57
'My Acer Aspire 5532 Laptop created a harddisk password that i never put on'

Password issues are sure running rampant anymore...here's an explanation:

Passwords are important on laptops and are used as anti-theft protection. 99% of password issues are stolen property. The other 1% may be legit but pose an extremely hard process to rectify. Proof of owner, receipts, etc...with all that you may ( I use that term loosely) have a chance of removing the password. Most people write down their passwords and keep them in a safe place.

No use buying software to try changing passwords, you will be throwing cash down the drain, as they do not work. I have a feeling the spammers will jump on this post too, they usually do.

Some HELP in posting on Computing.net plus free progs and instructions Cheers


Report •
Related Solutions


Ask Question