|i err admit to be a fan of torrents (lol), and i think i got snared by one.|
so here are my problems:
1. i downloaded a torrent recently, containing an exe file. it didn't work so i deleted it complete with its folder. but it keeps popping up again and again.
2. i ignored one AVG warning (thinking it was another false alarm), then noticed that the net icon now keeps flashing even if i'm not connecting to the net. so i scanned, and i got 15 trojans and 1 virus. the virus (a BAT/Deleter) i think is already fixed since it didn't appear in further scans, but the trojans remain, some Trojan Horse Generic17.BKCS and SpamTool.GMM. it appears in other variations too (Generic16 and SpamTool.FYS)
3. ...so i resorted to looking at my task manager processes and every time i boot my laptop, there's this process named using five numbers (e.g. 25456.exe, 04338.exe). i end process but it just comes back.
4. some more detections. Downloader.Generic9.CFQM and BackDoor.Generic12.UOV
5. lastly, i also noticed that my mouse cursor is always in "working" mode, the one with the pointer and hourglass. i don't know what program's running in the bg.
i'm using AVGFree 9.0 as my antivirus.
i saw another thread with a quite similar problem to mine, but i think i have more viruses to handle, and i don't want to reformat again if i do the wrong things with combofix. so... help please?
thanks in advance.