Word to replace as I type misspelled word

Microsoft Word 2007
July 21, 2011 at 16:04:55
Specs: Windows XP
Is there a way to have Word, as I type, replace a misspelled word with the first suggestion?

95% of the time, the first suggestion is the correct one and it would be such a time saver to have Word automatically make the correction as I type.

Please see this thread: http://www.computing.net/answers/of... for more details. That thread is too old and cannot be updated.

Solution may require VBA. Can anyone help with that?

See More: Word to replace as I type misspelled word

July 22, 2011 at 00:38:42
I know it's not quite what you mean, but if there are words you regularly mis-spell you can add them to the custom dictionary so they are replaced as you type - click on 'Word Options' and it's under the 'proofing' section/'autocorrect' - just type in the way you spell it and the way it should be spelled & it will change automatically.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us..." Pink Floyd

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question