|I went to the suggested website and clicked on the option: How to Remove and Restore the Default Windows 7 New Context Menu Items; then I followed the directions to restore “Folder” to the New option. I did this 2 times and each time I rebooted my computer when the New Folder option was not present. I then deleted the files and followed the directions below in order a 3rd time but still no Folder option.|
When I right click on the desktop and choose the “NEW” option I notice that I have 3 missing items from before this all happened and 6 new items are now showing.
Rich Text Document
Microsoft Access Database
Microsoft Word Document
Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
Microsoft Publisher Document
Microsoft Excel Worksheet
The options that stayed the same are:
Compressed (zipped) Folder
5. To Remove or Restore "Folder"
A) Click/tap on the download button below to download the below.
11. Save the .zip file to the desktop.
12. Open the downloaded .zip file and extract (drag and drop) the .reg file (remove or restore) that you want to use to your desktop.
13. Double click/tap on the extracted .reg file to merge it.
14. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve merging the .reg file.
15. You can now delete the downloaded ZIP and REG files if you like.
16. Sometimes it may take a moment before the missing New context menu item to reappear. If not, then restart the computer to apply.