|Your file association for .PDF files are incorrect. Please follow the instructions below to fix it. |
1) Start --> Control Panel --> Default Programs --> Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
2) Search the list the the .PDF extension and then click on the "Change Program" button.
3) MIcrosoft Picture Manager will most likely be listed as the only application under the "Recommended Programs" section. If Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat, or whatever PDF reader program you are using is also listed here, then click on that and then click OK. If not, click on the button labeled "Browse..."
4) Search through your Program Files folder for Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat, or whatever PDF reader application you are using and double-click on the application's executable file. Then click "OK"
5) Close the "Set Associations" window and close the Control Panel. Try opening an PDF file by double-clicking now and it should open properly. If not, please let us know so we can see what else might be an issue.
IT Desktop & Network Consultant - MOS Master Certified, MCP, MCSA, MCITP - Windows 7, CCNA Certificate Pending, A+, Network +