|I worked with mpp file for several months but suddenly on one day I can't open it.|
The file "X.mpp" cannot be opened.
- Check that the file name and path are correct
- Check that the file format is recognized by Project
Project file saved in a version earlier than Microsoft Project 98 can't be opened.
If your file is from earlier version, open it in that version, click save as (File menu), and save in MPX format. Open the MPX file in the current version of Project. When you use this method, project data is imported, but formatting is lost.
- MS Project 2010 SP1
- No major changes were made to the file (only operational). File was created in 2010
- Other mpp file can be successfully opened except this
- On other machine with 2010 it also can't be opened
- On other machine with 2007 asks to upgrade in order to open the file
- File name and path is correct