The OP emailed a copy of the file and I spent some quality time with it.
To start with, I should mention that the document was an Invoice template, with a mixture of standard text, text boxes, underlined fields, drawing documents and a couple of tables.
I can't really explain what is going on with the file, but when I changed the view from Print View to Reading View, the chart showed up and could be deleted. I could also stumble upon the chart (as well as some other "hidden" objects) by randomly clicking around and waiting for box outlines to show up. The wierd part was that only the outline of a rectangle would show up - not the chart itself - and not exactly where I clicked, but above it. In other words, I was actually clicking outside of the object but it's outline showed up anyway. Once the rectangle was deleted, the chart no longer showed up on the print out. The other "hidden" objects were nothing more than empty outlines that didn't print, so I have no idea what they were.
There was also an additional request to eliminate Page 2 of the document, which was blank. I was unable to do this because of the strange conglomeration of Section Breaks and Column Breaks. Everytime I tried to delete a Break, sections of text would move around and the fields in the template got totally out of alignment. My gut tells me that the problem with the chart and other objects is also due to the sections, but I can't verify that. It's almost like the document is layered, with the objects behind what the user can see on the screen.
I don't know if the document is corrupt or just very poorly constructed, so I told the OP that she should trash it and start over.
I'd be willing to email the document to anyone who wants to take a look at it. PM an email address if you want.