|Thanks so much for followin up on this.|
Sorry, hopefully this will provide the necessary context and background (without being too long).
Each staff member updates the volume of their production each day into their respective password protected EXEL workbook. The department level file links to, and "grabs" the daily production from each of the staff member's individual files. When we open the department level file, and the links try to be updated, we are asked to input the passwords for each of the underlying staff files. To avoid needing to input the indivdiual passwords each time we go into the department level file, I wrote a macro (stolen from the thread back in 2012) that opens each of the files. Unfortunately, even though the indivdual files are open, the updates are not reflected in the department file.
There isn't an error message. It is just that the updates in the individual file do not flow through to the department file.
What is strange is that the cell reference looks as though the file is not open (ie. full network path, etc.) By this I mean, the cell reference will say something like:
=+'R:\Folder\Sub folder\[Staff Name- Volume Log.xlsx]Worksheet'!G146 when you would expect, given the source file is open, the cell reference to just show:
Staff Name Volume Log.xlsxWorksheet'!G146
Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks again so much for your time. If you need further details, obviously, please let me know.