|Actually you can use the same formula to do Conditional Formatting:|
1) Select range of cells: B1:C100 <both columns B & C
2) On the ribbon click Conditional Formatting
3) Click on New Rules, it’s near the bottom of the dialog box.
4) Click Use Formula to determine which cells to format.
5) Enter the formula: =IF($B1=$C1,TRUE,FALSE)
6) Click on the Format button
7) Select the Fill Tab
8) Select a pretty color
9) Click OK
10) Click OK
Note where the dollar signs are in the formula, they need to be there.
This should light up the two cell with your color if the match.