|My netgear wg111v2 wireless adapter was not working and kept saying "limited or no connectivity" even though the signal strength was excellent. After installing and resintalling several times, I finally found a solution and would like to share it to others who had the same problem. This will save you some time (i hope).|
Problem: "Limited or no connectivity"
Solutions (windows xp):
1. Go into the “Netgear Wireless Assistant”.
2. Under “settings” and WEP change it from “create with passphrase” to “enter key manually”
3. Insert the correct password, baring in mind change the side to 128 bits.
4. Make sure the internet protocol is on "obtain IP address automatically" (see further down)
5. This should fix the problem, well it worked for me.
If for some reason this does not work for you, I came across many other solutions:
Right click wireless network > properties > general > internet protocol > properties > obtain IP address automatically
Right click wireless network (under network connections) > properties > general tab > internet protocol > properties > use the following IP address: 10.0.0.1 > subnet box should fill in by itself > ok > repeat this with other computers but have a different IP: aka 10.0.0.2
"I have resolved this. I disable Access Control and have reset the USB adapter to auto-configuration. Changed the wireless security from WEP to WPA-PSK and rebooted the machine."
Somebody said that ^^ but I had no idea what it meant but it might help others.
But yeah I just wanted to post this so others who are searching for a solution through google can find it here!