Solved toggle via hardware device between two lans

September 8, 2011 at 08:49:34
Specs: Windows 7
I need to connect my laptop that has a single wired network port to 2 different lans...currently I unplug the wire from wall port A and plug it into wall port B and back and forth. Is there something like a KVM switch, that can have wires from wall port A and B go in to with a single wire going out to the laptop's network card? Then I could just toggle a switch (push a button) to connect back and forth between the lan connected through wall port A and wall port B. Does such a device exist or would it make better sense to add another network card via USB and have both wall ports wired to the laptop all the time and use software to switch between each card?

See More: toggle via hardware device between two lans

Report •

September 8, 2011 at 12:27:37
✔ Best Answer
put a second nic in your laptop [pcmcia card]. Then buy/use netswitcher to toggle between connections

Answers are only as good as the information you provide.
How to properly post a question:
Sorry no tech support via PM's

Report •

September 9, 2011 at 10:37:38
Thanks, I figured it would have to be another nic (usb/pccard) I'd eventually go with, but I was hoping to know if there was an external switch out there.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question