|So I've just installed Windows XP Pro w/ SP3 on my computer, and I'm dual booting with Ubuntu 9.04. Ubuntu recognizes my printer, internet connection, etc. but Windows doesn't. When I try to install my printer or renew my IP address via the command prompt, I'm told that my RPC server is unavailable. I tried fixing it with this:|
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. In Registry Editor, select File, Export and then save a copy of the registry to the desktop.
4. In Registry Editor, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services.
5. Right-click Winsock, and then click Delete. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
6. Right-click Winsock2, and then click Delete. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
7. Click Start, then Control Panel, and then Network & Internet Connections.
8. Right-click on Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
9. In the Local Area Connection Properties click Install.
10. In the Select Network Component Type click Protocol, and then Add.
11. You will now see a list of available protocols, click Have Disk…
12. Enter the following path, c:\windows\inf or c:\winnt\inf, and then click OK
13. You will now see an expanded list of available protocols, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click OK
But when I got to step 7 and opened Network/Internet connections, I was given an empty window.
So my question is, what is going on?!