- An "AP" and a "ROUTER" are different things.
- When you try to use 2 wireless routers on the same network, you will have issues. It can be done, but it's a p.i.t.a.
- You could try a true WiFi AP (which is NOT a router).
- Or try to optimize & extend the signal of the main router by:
- Elevating it to make sure it's high enough to broadcast the signal properly to make sure obstructions/buildings aren't interfering with the signal.
- Make sure the router has the latest firmware updates on it too.
- Make sure your cordless phones aren't the same WiFi band (i.e. 2.4 Ghz ) as the WiFi router, they can interfere.
Just another stupid saying...