I need to extend my network

January 25, 2012 at 22:22:59
Specs: N/A
My wireless router only supplies half the house with consistent Internet access. What's the easiest way to ensure connectivity throughout the house?

See More: I need to extend my network

Report •

January 26, 2012 at 00:26:25
If you want to do it wirelessly then you can get 'range extenders' which will do the job. I use a netgear one which works fine, though I've seen people have had issues with setting it up (it's the WN3000RP). You can also use mains 'homeplug networking' which works well, especially if you use it on a fixed PC - cable plugs directly into the adapter. There are many different brands, all do much the same thing.

Finally, you can use cable and switches which is a bit more involved but is the 'solid' way of doing things.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us..." Pink Floyd

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question